Thank you to all our supporters! The $1,079 match was fulfilled and you helped fund one rotation for the first-ever TAD Simulation Learning Experience!
⚡ Richard A. Henson Medical Simulation Center Flash Fundraiser ⚡
On October 31, all gifts to the Henson Simulation Center will be matched (up to $1,079 total)! Thanks to Donna Parks, Nursing class of '79!
For the first time ever, the Sim Center will welcome 314 Wicomico County elementary school students (grades 3-5) for a TAD (Thinking and Doing) Simulation Center Learning Experience! Over the course of five days, students will receive an introduction to the medical world and medical marvels.
Students will cycle through five different rotations focusing on the following:
- The respiratory system
- The anatomical systems of the human body
- The nervous system and cardiovascular system
- The musculoskeletal system
- Treating common life-threatening problems
After completing the rotations, learning outcomes include, but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding of basic health checks and the operation of basic medical equipment, such as a stethoscope
- Enhanced learning by discussing the effects of smoking and vaping on the respiratory system, as well as the importance of insulin in controlling levels of your blood sugar
- Identifying and assessing a patient experiencing a stroke or chest pain
- Learning basic first aid and how to assess common problems associated with the musculoskeletal system, such as splinting an injured limb and stopping the bleed on an upper extremity
- Identifying and treating common, life-threatening problems such as choking and anaphylactic shock with life-saving interventions
We are incredibly excited to meet these young learners and foster their curiosity about health and human sciences, and we are grateful for the role we play in contributing to their knowledge of the medical world!
All gifts will support the upcoming TAD Simulation Center Learning Experience.
The fundraising goal is $2,500 for each rotation. Your gift, of any amount, will help us get there!