Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
The mission of the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities (OURCA) at Salisbury University (SU) is to cultivate a vibrant environment of undergraduate scholarship through supporting faculty-student mentorship at all levels. Engaging in faculty mentored scholarly collaborations empowers students with independent critical engagement skills, helps build meaningful relationships with faculty, strengthens student learning outcomes, increases success in graduate and professional fields, and positively impacts societal engagement skills.
Your support will be valuable in encouraging emerging undergraduate researchers to cultivate their spirit of inquiry through pursuing mentored research in ways that would not be possible otherwise. OURCA's goal is to bring out the spirit of inquiry in all students at Salisbury University and support ideas that can help make a difference in our students' lives but also in how they contribute to society in meaningful ways.
Your gift to the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities will make an impact in several programs such as:
- Student research start-up grants for needed supplies and equipment
- Travel grants to collect data and to present research at national conferences
- Publication of our high-quality Laridae undergraduate research and creative journal
- Our campus conferences, the SU Student Research Conference and the Summer Student Research Showcase
- Student research opportunities with nonprofit, government, education, and business partners
- Research mentor programs to propel students toward excellence and innovation
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives for under-represented researchers
Your gift, combined with others, will make a difference.